To create a new project, choose New Project... from the Project Mgt dropdown.
A dialog box will open.
- Create from template: Select a template to create your project from.
- Name: This is the name of the template.
- Type: This is the type of project. Customizing project templates is discussed in the guide under Settings >> Project Types.
- Status: This is the status the project will be in when the template is applied to a new project. Customizing statuses is discussed in the guide under Settings >> Statuses.
- Due Date: When the template is applied to a new project, the due date will be based on how many days the project is set to complete.
- Company: The company that the task is being completed for.
- Contract: The contract associated with the task.
- Manager(s): A user in the system who will take responsibility for the project as a whole.
- Description: This is a broad overview of what the goal of the complete project will be.
When all fields are filled out, click on the Save button and the newly created project will open.